After declaring in a polemic way that he does 7-day fast She published a series of photos where she is surrounded by fruits, greens and vegetables, and said that these will be her food for the next few days, because she is going to start a raw diet.
"7 days of fasting and I had no idea it was going to be so magical. I bought these beautiful fruits for the week and now I am starting another cycle of crudivorism again, eating only raw fruits, vegetables and greens, just like I did during Sophia's (her two year old daughter) pregnancy."
Read also: Mayra Cardi Method: The weight loss program of the famous
Crudivorism: Understand Mayra Cardi's new diet
Also known as crudivorism, raw diet or raw, the raw food diet is very popular on the European continent and, as the name suggests, consists of the consumption of raw food or with minimal cooking that does not exceed 40 degrees.
It values vegetables, fruits, oilseeds, cereals and sprouted seeds It excludes, therefore, processed and cooked foods; thus, meats are left off the menu of the crucivore diet, and makes it a variation of the vegetarian and vegan diets.
Benefits of rawivorism
- Although the first impression is that it is a difficult diet to follow - after all, it requires time, patience, and dedication to exclude processed and refined foods, which are very present in the menu - the raw food diet has many health advantages.
- It preserves the maximum nutrients, because it does not subject the food to any process that alters its properties. The cooking does not reach the boiling point, which is the main responsible for the loss of nutrients.
- Improves digestion, as a result of in natura consumption of food.
- It prioritizes the consumption of fresh, so-called "living" foods, which enhances the intake of various nutrients.
- Being rich in fruits, vegetables, grains, and cereals, it is naturally healthy and provides a high supply of vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients.
- Even without scientific proof, the raw food diet is believed to be able to prevent premature aging, because of the high amount of enzymes that carry nutrients in the body and that are not destroyed in the cooking process.
- Helps you lose weight (lose weight with Tecnonutri) The rich amount of fiber and protein present in the fresh ingredients also prolongs the feeling of satiety, another important factor in reducing or maintaining weight.
But beware: the raw food diet needs to be well planned in order not to have the opposite effects.
Also read: Is it possible to lose weight in just some parts of the body?
Foods allowed in crudivorism
- Raw vegetables
- Fruit in its natural form, dehydrated or in juice form
- Fermented foods
- Oilseeds (nuts, almonds, chestnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.) raw and also in the form of drinks, oils and butters
- Seeds and sprouts, such as beans and alfalfa
- Cold-pressed oils (coconut and olive oil, for example)
- Although it is not common, it is possible to include raw meats and fish, provided they are prepared in a safe way, as well as eggs and unpasteurized milk.
Also read: Lollipop to lose weight: Learn about the method adopted by Anitta
Tips and precautions to start a raw food diet
If you like the proposal of crudivorism, it is important to look for a nutritionist to elaborate a healthy transition. If you follow it on your own, you run the risk of suffering from restrictions, which can lead to binge eating, as well as nutritional deficiency if there is not a proper choice of foods.
It is possible to follow a partially raw food diet, including one or two meals with raw food. There are many tasty recipes that can be prepared with only raw ingredients unprocessed .
Although the foods that are allowed have good amounts of water in their composition, on the other hand they have fiber, which needs liquids to be dissolved. This avoids constipation and dehydration.
Use natural spices, such as chives, parsley, ginger, pepper, curry, and other herbs to add flavor to the menu.
Wash food thoroughly to avoid food poisoning and choose safe suppliers to purchase ingredients from.
In the case of grains, such as chickpeas, beans, and lentils, soak them for at least 8 hours, changing the water every 2 hours to avoid gas and digestion difficulties.
Source: Milena Lopes, nutritionist at NutriCilla Clinic. Post-graduated in clinical nutrition by GANEP.